Artefact Brainstorming 2

Eunbin Kim in Kintsugi by Eleonora Pennacchini

KINTSUGI

What is our worth?

Who defines it?

Our sense of self?

Falling

I am whole

Broken

Healing

Kintsugi is a Japanese pottery art that puts together broken pieces with gold...

More precious

Enriched

Lived

Valuable

Even more so than it ever was before...

My scars...a part of me

My injuries...

Part of my body's history.

Embodiment

Humans & Artists

Breakable

Frail

Yet strong.

Embrace me

Take your time

Trust time

Allow the breeze to caress your skin

Goosebumps...

A sign of response & reaction

The body is alive

It's healing

Give it time!

We are worth giving ourselves time.

The leaves are blowing

Like the seasons everything in life is cyclical

I am painting my memories on my body


Each fracture line liquid fire...

Burning

The body manifests itself

A cry for attention

A caring touch

Transformations, imperfections, passing time...

These do not define my worth.

I dip a paintbrush in a bowl of god...

And trace with pride the lines that make me whole. 

Comments

  1. As a module 1 student who couldn't make the presentations due to work I want to thank you for sharing the link to your artefact on Helen's blog. It is so beautiful and as someone who has gone through a recovery process myself it really spoke to me. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

DIARY ENTRY #2

Choosing a Topic & Developing a Research Question

DIARY ENTRY #3