DIARY ENTRY #4

 Pforzheim, 10th September 2022


I just finished reading Wolcott's Context as an Observer Guide, and I believe it could be the perfect framework for my reflective essay. I hope I can use it. The reason why I am so drawn to it, is that it provides guidelines to highlight PAST-PRESENT & FUTURE contexts (a.k.a. limitations...). They are a blessing in disguise for a research project. They provide structure & guidance... and are the limits through which we learn and grow...

Past - How did the existing literature inform and limit me? How did the context in which I am studying (Dance Technique Pedagogy) influence the gaze through which I observe the topic?

Present - Practical problems linked to my current predicament. How does the amount of time limit & guide my study? How does my inability to be in three different places at the same time influence the choices I have to make in this research project?

Future - How does the awareness, of the formats in which I have to present this information, limit & guide my research?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DIARY ENTRY #2

Choosing a Topic & Developing a Research Question

DIARY ENTRY #3